Friday, July 10, 2009

Some stuff I've written

This is just a few things I wrote last quarter that aren't for advertising.  Some descriptions and some poems. 

The Touch of Snowball
It's instant stimulation, the nervous system cavalry racing to your brain. Before you realize anything your body does its best to stop it by sending more internal army men to hold of the influx of cold.  Like the confederates in winter, the counteroffensive can only last so long. The cold starts to win the war. First winning the battle at the fingertips, then onto taking over the knuckles. You make your stand at the palm where thousands more nerve ending infantry stand, waiting to stave off the enemy's  push toward hypothermic world domination.

The Smell of Fresh Cut Grass
It's the smell of Springtime. It's contagious the way it first blankets a neighborhood with its allergen filled cloud, squeezing into your home through open windows and screen doors. Dense with dew, the smell is heavy in the air, getting heavier as each summer day goes by. Adolescent chores have turned into home maintenance. 

A couple poems
1
There we were, all alone,
enjoying the early December night.
I could almost see my breath
when a shiver shook my spine.
Silence took over as I thought, 
'tonight will shine in my memory.'
We sat with fingers clasped
as I snuck a peek to my left,
her moonlit beauty was stunning.
Speechless, my lips first answered 
every unspoken question hers had.
It was the end of the beginning.

2
The Sun rises over industry.
It's 7:59am on a Wednesday,
The Western world awakes from its slumber
To find the same scenery as the day before.

Our planet is diminishing before our eyes.
Splurging and consuming,
Unconsciously fueling the destructive fire;
Even hairspray does its part.

Reserves are rapidly shrinking,
Evicting the world of old,
To construct another open air mall
Where nature dies, and the ignorant thrive.

3
I know your secret, 
So don't be shy
Let your halo float
And your wings unwind
You're the angel I've been waiting for.

4 (This poem was actually published by poetry.com on the first page of their annual poetry collection)
I'll be right there with you,
when they all leave you broken,
with a heart full of hope.

I'll be right there with open arms,
to wipe off your cheeks,
trying to keep mine dry.

I'll be there with listening ears,
to tell you to be strong,
because I can't be anymore.

I'll be there by your side,
a friend you can never shake,
with tear clouded eyes.

I'll be there when you're alone,
telling you you'll find him soon,
wishing you'd see I'm him.

No comments:

Post a Comment