Wednesday, July 15, 2009

WANTED: The Half Blood Prince.

POW! right in the kisser. Here comes two more movie reviews, one for the highly anticipated Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince, and the other for a pretty recent movie, Wanted.

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince
Starring Rupert Grint, Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and all the other random characters that have been in the other 5 movies.
***** 5/7 stars

I liked this movie, what I didn't like was the slumber party of 13 year-old girls in the row behind me getting all giggly every time Harry did something. Anyhow, I'm not one of those people that is a HP purist, I'm just a fan of both the books and movies. If the movie strays from the book I don't really mind, as long as it doesn't take away from the movie. Now this movie just opened a couple hours ago so I really don't want to give anything away. But, lets just say if you remember the the cave part from the book - it's  better than I could have ever imagined in the movie. 


Wanted
Starring James McEvoy, Morgan "my voice is more amazing than God's" Freeman, Common, o yeah, this really incredibly attractive woman, Angelina  Jolie.
******* 7/7 stars

BADASS MOVIE. Plain. And. Simple. This movie took badass-assassin-movies to a divine level. The Fraternity carries out executions woven to them in code by the 'Loom of Fate.' So what I gather is that these are Fate's assassins. The action in this movie is the most creative I have seen in a while. The kills are so farfetched but made probable by the stellar direction. "Kill one, and maybe, save a thousand. That's the code of The Fraternity, that's what we believe in, and that's why we do it." That's a quote from Jolie's character, explaining why they do what they do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment